Roasted String Beans
Here is a delicious side dish that goes great with steak. The shallots and garlic start to caramelize adding a depth to the dish. These green beans certainly are not your typical beans. If you really want to add something to dish roast some cherry tomatoes along with the beans, they add a great burst of flavor. I hope you enjoy!
- Ready In:
- 1 lb string bean, trimmed and washed
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 slices bacon, crisped and crumbled (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook bacon.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash and trim string beans.
- Slice shallot and garlic.
- Combine all ingredients, except bacon, in a baking dish and toss well. Make sure everything is evenly coated evenly.
- Place in oven and cook for about 20 minutes, if you like a more tender bean cook for 25 minutes.
- When beans are done place in serving dish and toss with crumbled bacon.
- Serve hot.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Delicious! Incredible flavor combination! I followed the recipe except I omitted the optional cherry tomatoes as I didn't have any. The shallots and garlic caramelized just as promised. We had the left over tonight which I reheated in the microwave for 1.5 minutes and I thought they were even better as the flavors melded with the beans even more! Thanks for posting such as wonderful and easy side dish!Reply
Made this as a side to recipe#382712 and loved it. Used the option of adding cherry tomatoes fresh from the garden and used sweet onion instead of shallots as that's what I had and it was perfect. The spices were a nice blend and I felt the tomatoes really added that extra flavor and I like that the beans are not overcooked and to soft. The added benefit of being so easy to put together and the colors so bright and attractive made this an even better recipe. Thanks so much for posting. Made for PAC Fall - 09Reply