Roasted Stone Fruit
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup sugar or 1/4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon of ground spices (recommended ( cinnamon, nutmeg, or cardamom)
- 3 -4 cups fresh fruit, pitted, sliced or halved (peaches, plums, nectarines, apricots, pears, apples, pineapple, mangos, strawberries, or bananas)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract or 1/2 vanilla bean
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice or 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. In a small bowl, whisk together the sugar and spices.
- In another bowl, toss the fruit with the vanilla, and orange juice.
- In a roasting pan or oven-proof baking dish, arrange the fruit cut-side up pouring any extra juice in the baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with sugar and spices.
- Roast for approximately 20 minutes or until the fruit is fork tender.
- Serve the roasted fruit over vanilla bean ice cream accompanied by a shortbread cookie. You could also serve fruit with fresh whipped cream or creme fraiche and use it as a filling or topping for crepes.
Roasted Fruit Variations:
Peaches and Cream:
- Roast peaches with cinnamon and nutmeg. Serve with sweetened cream in between sliced buttermilk biscuits.
- Roast 4 sliced Anjou or Bosc pears with 3/4 cup fresh or frozen cranberries. Substitute the brown sugar for white sugar and add cinnamon. After the pears are roasted top with toasted walnuts.
- Roast the nectarines seasoned with cardamom and slightly increase the vanilla extract. Serve with creme fraiche that has been sweetened with honey and vanilla.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!