Roasted Squash With Balsamic Vinegar
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 400º. Line a cookie sheet with foil.
- Cut the squash lengthwise in half.
- Seed and cut it into 4" squares with skin on. Score the flesh with crosshatch cuts about 1/2 inch deep.
- Rub all over with olive oil.
- Set the pieces skin-side-down on the cookie sheet and sprinkle with coarse salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Bake 45 minutes or until easily pierced with a knife and lightly browned.
- Serve hot or at room temperature, sprinkled with balsamic vinegar.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Las Vegas. I was lucky enough to run into Recipezaar around Nov. 2000 and got hooked quickly. I am a cookbook collector and have been collecting recipes for as long as I can remember. My DH had to build in shelves for all my cookbooks! I like to dabble with OAMC and for a few years hosted the Budget/OAMC forum with some great people over there. Even though I don't work in the forum any longer I've set up a lot of cookbooks for the purpose of OAMC and stretching food that might be helpful. Please feel free to check them out! I go on food jags and cooking jags! Please come say hi to me and chat on facebook. I currently host a blog for saving money through finding deals and coupons if you are interested. Most of the time I try to cook and have a good dinner on the table but I'll be honest enough to say there is still fast food occasionally in the budget! I have had such wonderful support here whenever I need it. Thank you all for being here! Just a quick note on how I rate recipes: ? 5 stars - This recipe is perfect. (My DH is truly a critic and doesn't give 5's unless it's amazing) I would recommend it to others and would definitely make again. ? 4 stars - This recipe was good but I would change something in it next time. ? 3 stars - This is a recipe I would not make again but it was OK ? 2 stars - This recipe I would not make again and we didn't like it at all ? 1 star - This recipes did not work out/taste was unappealing and wouldn't make again