1. Start by preheating the oven to 400°F Line a rimmed cookie sheet with foil.
2. Rinse the salmon and pat it dry. We cut the salmon into 5 pieces of 5-6 ounces each and then a few smaller pieces for lighter eaters or leftovers. Place the salmon on the foil-lined cookie sheet skin-side down.
3. In a bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients and stir well. Pour half of it into a ramekin to reserve for the table. Brush the rest of the glaze on the flesh side of the large pieces of salmon.
4. Roast the salmon in the oven for 10 minutes. Check for doneness, but find that it is not quite ready. Cook it for a few more minutes.
5. With tongs, lift the salmon off the foil onto the dinner plates. Leave behind the skin of the salmon and serve immediately. SERVES 5.