Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
photo by Sageca
- Ready In:
1 1/2 cups
- 15 ounces chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup roasted red pepper, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Add chick peas to processor and puree.
- Add roasted pepper and remaining ingredients.
- Puree until smooth.
- Serve with cracker,small pitas, vegetables.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is very good! I made it with jarred roasted red peppers and the resulting dip has a bit of a zip that is a bit much heat for us. Not the recipe's fault, it is a great dip, especially in light of the healthiness of it. = ) Served it with some pita chips and fresh veggies. Thanks! ZWT 4 Holiday Challenge
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to cook, read recipe books and food magazines,spend time in kitchen stores, grocery stores, gourmet shops, learning new cooking techniques, trying new kitchen gadgets,tasting exotic foods,enjoying a wonderful meal. I've always had a herb garden; now I have containers on my patio with my must have herbs. It seems, everything tastes better with fresh herbs!