Roasted Potatoes With Sage and Lemon
From Australian Better Homes and Garden Diabetic Living issue 10 2007. NUTRITION INFO per serving - 505kj, total fat 3.8g (sat. fat 0.5g), cholesterol 0mg, sodium 4mg, carbs 17g, fibre 2.7g, protein 3.1g, carb. exchanges 1, GI est. High. It is suggested for a quick lunch - toss the still warm potatoes from the oven with mixed salad green, grilled squash, corn and capsicum (bell peppers) and pour over 100% fat free balsamic dressing and serve.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1 kg potato (unpeeled, Desiree recommended)
- 1⁄3 cup sage leaf (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (finely grated)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 garlic cloves (large, crushed or minced)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- extra sage leaf (to garnish) (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200 degree celsius.
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan (with a lid) and cover with plenty of cold water.
- Cover and bring to the boil, reduce heat to medium and cook, partially covered for 10 minutes, or until tender but still firm.
- Drain well and while still warm, cut them into quarters.
- While potatoes are cooking, in a small bowl combine the finely chopped sage, zest, oil, water, garlic and pepper.
- Spray a 3 litre (12 cup) capacity baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place the potatoes in the dish, pout over the sage mixture and gently toss until potatoes are evenly coated.
- Bake, turning once halfway during cooking, about 35 to 45 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Garnish with the extra sages leaves if using.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Nice roasted potatoes. I used fresh sage from that garden that has survived the winter snow, a little less than the 1/3 cup called for. I liked the lemon zest and garlic...could have used a little more oil and dash of seasoning. Crispy on the outside and nice and tender inside, they were a good accompaniment to tonight's dinner.Reply