Roasted Potato and Green Bean Salad
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 lb potato, like heirloom, red-skinned, your favourite
- 1⁄2 lb green beans, topped and tailed
- 100 -200 g spicy greens (like watercress, red mustard, baby argula, dandelion)
- 1 cup ripe cherry tomatoes, halved if they are big
- 4 large eggs
- olive oil
- coarse salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 shallot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon or 1/2 teaspoon fresh tarragon
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- coarse salt
- ground black pepper
- Cut the potatoes into wedges and put them on to a baking sheet.
- Drizzle them with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake about 30-40 minutes, or until they are done.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to a boil and add the beans with a pinch of salt.
- Cook uncovered until the beans are crisp-tender, about 7 minutes.
- Drain the beans and run under cold water - this preserves the lovely green colour.
- Place them on a towel to dry.
- Make the vinaigrette: combine all the incredients in a bowl, mix well so the oil emulsifies.
- I often put it in a plastic container with a lid and just shake.
- Combine the potatoes, beans, tomatoes and greens in a mixing bowl, add the vinaigrette and toss well.
- You can either poach the eggs and add them onto individual plates, or boil the eggs and cut into wedges and just add into the salad.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I'm so glad I only made half a recipe! I live alone and I would have eaten them all! Such a simple yet flavorful combo. I used arugula and romaine for the greens. I did make it last for two meals but it was difficult not to eat it all at once. The second time I ate it I added some leftover chicken and it was great. Lee
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
After living in England for seven years, we moved to Vancouver Canada end of 2004. Culinaristically the journey couldn't have been much longer - I've discovered the joy of cooking and baking all over here. Recipezaar is giving a brand new way of doing this - and makes husband happy too.