Roasted Pork With Dried Cherries
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- Mix the salt, sage, and pepper. Rub this mixture all over the roast.
- Roast, fat side up, on a rack at 325 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes per pound or until a meat thermometer registers 170 degrees.
- Allow to set for 15 to 20 minutes while you prepare the sauce.
- Sauce: Whisk the liquid from the cherries into the meat drippings in the roasting pan over medium heat. (You may remove some of the fat first, if desired.) Add the vinegar, brown sugar, dried cherries, and mustard. Cook over medium heat. Meantime, whir the canned cherries in your food processor until you have a cherry sauce similar to applesauce. Add these to the pan with the cornstarch. Cook until slightly thickened.
- Slice the roast and spoon the sauce down the middle of the slices.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!