Roasted Pork Loin With Peach BBQ Sauce
- Ready In:
- 1hr 45mins
Pork and Peach BBQ Sauce
- 4 cups peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup ketchup
- 2⁄3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons ginger, minced
- 1 (2 1/2 lb) boneless pork loin roast
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 lbs small yukon gold potatoes
- kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese, softened
- freshly cracked black pepper
For the pork and peach bbq sauce:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Combine the peaches, brown sugar, ketchup, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic and ginger in a food processor or blender.
- Pat the pork dry with paper towels and sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper. Reserve half (about 2 cups) of the peach BBQ sauce and set aside. Transfer the pork, fat-side up, to a rack over a heavy-bottomed roasting pan and brush the rest of the sauce all over the pork. Add the stock to the bottom of the roasting pan.
- Roast the pork until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part reads 140 degrees F, about 1 hour.
For the smashed potatoes:
- Meanwhile, place the potatoes in large pot and cover with salted cold water. The potatoes will soak up that salt like pasta and it will make a big difference in flavor. Cover and bring to a boil and cook until fork-tender, 20 to 30 minutes. Drain the potatoes, and return them to the same pot, allowing them to dry. Heat the half-and-half and butter in a small saucepot over low heat. Add the mixture to the potatoes along with the cream cheese and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Smash the potatoes with a potato masher and set aside, keeping warm until ready to serve.
For serving the pork:
- Transfer the pork to a baking sheet to rest for 10 minutes, and then thinly slice half of the loin. Store and reserve the other half for leftovers.
- Remove the rack from the roasting pan and place on the stove over medium-high heat. Whisk in the reserved BBQ sauce and scrape the bottom of the pan to incorporate the browned sauce. Cook until slightly reduced and thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Serve the sliced pork with the reduced peach BBQ sauce and the smashed potatoes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!