Roasted Poblano & Bell Pepper Chicken Taco
photo by Columbus Foodie
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded and flattened
- 1 poblano chile, stemmed, seeded, and flattened
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded rotisserie cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 4 small corn tortillas
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup salsa, for serving
- Position an oven rack close to the broiler and heat the broiler.
- Put the peppers skin side up on a baking sheet and broil until blackened.
- Transfer the peppers to a small bowl, cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and let cool.
- Reduce the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the olive oil, cumin, cayenne, half of the garlic, and the lime juice. Season with salt.
- Add the chicken to the bowl and toss to coat it well with the vinaigrette.
- When the peppers are cool enough to handle, remove the blackened skin, and chop the peppers finely.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, onion, the other half of the garlic, the cilantro, and the chopped peppers.
- Put the tortillas on a baking sheet. Divide the chicken among the tortillas leaving a little space around the edges. Top with the sour cream mixture and then the cheese.
- Bake until the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Garnish with a little fresh cilantro and serve with some salsa.
- Eat as is with a knife and fork or roll the tortilla up and eat with your hands.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a thirtysomething woman from Columbus, Ohio who has been married to my wonderful husband Paul for 10 years. I love to cook and take pictures, and have a food blog called Columbus Foodie at http://www.columbusfoodie.com/ <br> <br>I'm a recent college graduate, and currently don't work outside of the home. For fun, I enter sweepstakes, garden, read, craft and scrapbook, and watch bad TV. <br> <br><img src=http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg>