photo by PalatablePastime
- Ready In:
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted and peeled
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 15 ounces garbanzo beans, drained, skins removed
- 1⁄4 cup water or 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 garlic clove
- cayenne pepper
- Toast sesame seeds in hot dry skillet over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until seeds turn golden. Put them in the food processor and pulse until you don't hear them anymore.
- To the food processor add the roasted pepper, chickpeas, lime juice, garlic clove, and however much salt, pepper and/or cayenne pepper you like.
- Run the food processor until it is pureed and smooth (albeit thick), then stream in as much water or oil as you like to get it to the consistency you want.
- Refrigerate until needed. You can freeze the unused portion.
- Garnish with additional sesame seeds and cayenne if you like, and serve with warm toasted pita bread, lavash, cut into serving pieces or crackers or crudites.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this exactly as directed, except I forgot to blitz the seeds before all the other ingredients. I just did it for longer.I also found one tbs of olive oil necessary. I used a fresh capsicum (pepper) that I roasted on the hub and 1 lemon and lime. It was fabulous, we could not believe it was low fat. We had this with Dancers sweet carrots recipe #36482 and Sue L's Luleh Kebabs- Persian Ground Lamb Kebabs #35132.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a longtime member since 2002. While I have many recipes here, most of my current recipes are on my food blog at palatablepastime.com I may occasionally post something extra I have here. If you have questions, you can always contact me at email@example.com