Roasted Orange Hokkaido Squash
photo by Laka
- Ready In:
- 1 orange hokkaido squash
- 4 -5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon coarse sea salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cayenne pepper
- 4 -5 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Wash the squash outside well, dry it, then cut it in quarters. With a large spoon scoop out the seeds.
- Cut the quarters into thick slices.
- Arrange the slices in one layer on a baking try, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and cayenne pepper. Toss (with hands) to coat each slice with oil, salt and cayenne pepper. Add torn rosemary sprigs.
- Roast the slices in the oven at 200°C for 20 to 30 minutes, flipping them midway during baking, until they’re cooked through and golden.
- Serve as a side dish to meat roasts.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Food lover, wine and espresso drinker, chocolate addict. I love my family, my dog (when I have it) and my food processor. I cook every single day since I married and probably will until the day I die. I love to share my recipes that are straightforward to prepare, yet are exceptionally tasty and look so good. I hope you feel inspired by my recipes and that they find life in your kitchen!