Roasted or Grilled Ginger Papaya
- Ready In:
- cooking spray
- 2 medium papayas, cut in half and seeds removed
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced (or 1 tsp dried ground ginger)
For roasted papaya:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine the honey and ginger, and brush over the papayas.
- Place on the baking sheet, cut side up, and bake 15 minutes, or until nicely browned.
- Serve warm.
For grilled papaya:
- Preheat a grill or indoor grill pan to medium-high heat. If using a grill pan, spray it with cooking spray.
- Combine the honey and ginger and set aside.
- Place the papayas on the grill (or grill pan), cut sides down, and grill 4 minutes. When you turn the papayas cut-side up, brush the honey mixture over the papayas, and grill 4 more minutes.
- Serve warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am an active lady, and I am not the top chef in the world, but I can hold my own. I love making things that remind me of when I was little, I love trying out new recipes, and I love learning new things to cook. Most of the recipes I post are recipes I loved that I found online, but that I have tweaked just a bit. I do have some family recipes on here too. I love to bake, probably more than anything else in the kitchen. I love to bike ride. I like to read, travel, kayak (I've only been twice, but I loved it), hike, camp, basically any outdoorsy/active stuff.?