Roasted Okra, Tomatoes & Garlic
This recipe comes courtesy Chef Scott Peacock another okra dish made on the today show for Giada De Laurentiis. Giada had never tasted okra before the show.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb okra (small)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes or 1 cup heirloom tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup string bean (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees; line baking pan with release foil or spray with cooking spray.
- Rinse the okra in cold water and drain well on paper towel; trim the tops of okra BUT don't remove the caps.
- Put okra in prepared baking pan, add sliced onion, garlic tomatoes(whole cherry or cut in half ,cut heirloom tomatoes into chunks) add green beans if using and mint.
- Drizzle with olive oil season with salt & pepper, stir together.
- Roast in oven for 10 to 12 minutes, giving the vegetables a toss if needed.
- Serve hot, warm or at room temperature, enjoy.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION