Roasted Jalapeno Butter
Great brushed on grilled corn. Makes enough for about 6 years of corn.
- Ready In:
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- cooking spray
- 7 teaspoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Place jalapeno on grill rack coated with cooking spray; cover and grill for 10 minutes or until blackened and charred, turning occasionally.
- Place jalapeno in a small paper bag and fold tightly to seal. Let stand for 5 minutes. Peel and discard skins; cut jalapeno in half lengthwise. Discard stem, seeds and membranes. Finely chop jalapeno.
- Combine jalapeno, butter, lime zest, honey and salt in a small bowl; stir well.
- If desired, brush corn with jalapeno butter.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is wonderful for more than just corn! It's that sweet-heat that our family simply loves! The sweetness from the butter and honey, and the heat from the jalapenos. I think this would go great on pork, chicken, even smeared on pancakes and waffles. Because it's so hot here, I steamed the jalapeno in the microwave to soften and remove the skin and it still came out great! I also omitted the salt and used salted butter. Great recipe, thanks for sharing.1Reply