Roasted Eggplant (Aubergine) and Onion Pasta
Was surfing the net trying to find another good recipe for eggplant and I discovered this one on an organic site. However, since then it has gone through so many changes I can't remember what it was when I first found it. Hope you enjoy!
- Ready In:
- 1 eggplant, cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 8 ounces uncooked tube-shaped pasta
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil or 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 3⁄4 cup finely crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup onion, sliced & separated into rings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups diced plum tomatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 teaspoons toasted pistachio nuts or 4 teaspoons toasted pine nuts
- Preheat broiler.
- Spray baking sheet lightly with nonstick spray.
- Place eggplant slices and onion rings on baking sheet; broil 20 minutes, turning once.
- Remove from oven; cool.
- Cut into bite size pieces.
- While eggplant and onions roast, cook pasta according to pkg directions, omitting salt and oil.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and saute 1 minutes.
- Add tomato, basil or Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper; cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Stir in eggplant and onion; cook 5 minutes.
- Add in pasta and stir well.
- Top with cheeses and pistachio nuts.
- Serve with a robust wine and a salad of greens.