photo by Debbwl
- Ready In:
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, peeled and coarsely minced
- 1⁄2 lemon, juiced
- olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste (coarse salt and freshly ground pepper)
- parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut cauliflower into florets and place in a single layer in an oven-proof baking pan. Toss in the garlic. Sprinkle lemon juice over cauliflower and drizzle each piece with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place casserole in oven, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes, or until the top is lightly browned. Test with a fork for desired doneness. Fork tines should be able to easily pierce the cauliflower. Remove from oven and sprinkle generously with parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Made for your Football Pool win & this recipe was a big winner for us. I am not good at the drizzle thing, so I used my pastry brush to move the florets around & evenly coat them w/the olive oil. DH is salt-restricted, so I used a generous amt of lemon pepper like another reviewer (& extra garlic too). This "blomkal" (Icelandic for cauliflower) was served w/a BBQ meatloaf made for the Quest event & will encore soon at our table. Thx for sharing this recipe w/us & congrats on you FP win.
see 5 more reviews
The only change I made when preparing this dish was to season it with lemon pepper instead of the usual S&P, something I like to do especially when a recipe includes garlic & lemon! This roasted cauliflower was most satisfying & although I left the Parmesan cheese off mine, my other half got the full benefit of it! Thanks for sharing this very nice recipe! [Made & reviewed in Everyday Is a Holiday recipe tag]