Roasted Carrots With Smoked Paprika
photo by Rita1652
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄2 lbs medium carrots, peeled and halved lengthwise (cut to uniform size and thickness)
- 2 tablespoons blood orange olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons spanish smoked paprika (this can be reduced if you want)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, plus
- 1 teaspoon dark molasses
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar (can sub Spanish dry sherry but *not* cooking sherry)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh Italian parsley (cilantro is a good sub!)
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Place the carrots in a large, non-reactive bowl.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients except for the fresh parsley. Toss well to coat.
- Transfer the mixture to a jelly roll pan in a single layer.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until tender, stirring a few times to evenly roast.
- Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle with fresh parsley or fresh cilantro .
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!