Roasted Carrot & Apple Soup
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Quick, easy & healthy recipe that will warm the fall & winter blues
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 large vidalia onion
- 3 lbs green apples
- 3 lbs carrots
- 1⁄2 head garlic (More or less to taste)
- 3 quarts chicken stock
- 3 -4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon cream (optional)
- Cut carrots & apples into same size pieces to ensure even cooking. Toss with garlic, thyme, rosemary, salt & pepper, and olive oil to coat. Place into roasting pan, and sprinkle a little more olive oil on top. Roast in oven for 20- 30 mins at 300 degrees. (Watch to ensure garlic doesn’t burn).
- Dump contents into large stock pot, and add 2 boxes of stock. Bring to a boil until cook until carrots are tender & cooked. Remove bay leaves.
- With an immersion blender*, blend all ingredients until smooth. With reserved box of stock, add some to desired consistency.
- Add ½ cup of cream if you desire it for creamier consistency.
- * A regular blender or food processor can be used, just be careful dumping contents of hot pot into container of blender.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION