Roasted Butternut Squash
photo by Good Food Good Frie
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 lb pancetta, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh sage leaves, chopped, plus
- additional fresh sage leaf (to garnish)
- 4 cups butternut squash or 4 cups pumpkin, pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- pine nuts
- salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel, clean squash and cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Arrange squash on a large baking pan. Drizzle to olive oil and toss to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 30-40 minutes or until soft and starts to caramelize on the edges. Turn over half way through.
- Mean while, in a saute pan, cook pancetta until brown and crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon and set a side.
- Add butter and garlic to the pancetta drippings. Saute until both become slightly brown. Add sage. Allow sage to become cripsy.
- Arrange squash on a serving dish. Pour brown butter and sage mixture over the top and gently toss to coat. Add pancetta, pine nuts and a generous portion of blue cheese. Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!