Roasted Beets and Garlic
You can roast more than one color of beets, such as golden and red at the same time. Just remember to wrap each color individually in foil to prevent them from bleeding into each other. From Canadian Living Magazine.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- 2 heads garlic, unpeeled
- 6 medium beets (about 1 1/4lb)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- remove outer skin layer from garlic heads.
- wrap garlic and beets in foil or place in covered casserole dish.
- roast in 375*F-190*C oven until tender, about 1 1/2 hours.
- let cool enough to handle.
- peel beets, cut into wedges.
- set garlic and beets aside.
- meanwhile, in large skillet, heat oil over medium heat, cook tarragon, salt and pepper stirring for 2 minutes.
- add beets and garlic, toss gently to coat.
- heat through about 2 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 6 more