Roasted Beet Wedges
I made this recipe today with orange beets. It's very good with the rosemary. You can substitute thyme for the rosemary. Proceed as directed.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 lb medium fresh beet, peeled
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 -5 fresh rosemary sprigs
- Cut each beet into six wedges; place in a large resealable plastic bag. Add olive oil and salt; seal bag and shake to coat.
- Place a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 12 inches long) in a 15-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Arrange beets on foil and top with rosemary. Fold foil around beet mixture and seal tightly.
- Bake at 400F for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until beets are tender. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Discard rosemary sprigs.
- Editor's note : You may make the beets a day ahead, then slice and serve cold in a salad.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION