Roasted Beet Salad With Tarragon Vinaigrette
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
From Cooking Light. Use a variety of beets or just red if you can't find the yellow ones.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 3 lbs golden beets
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic, divided
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme, divided
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 cups vertically sliced red onions
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Leave root and 1-inch stem on beets; scrub with a brush.
- Place beets, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon garlic, 1 teaspoon thyme, and 1 teaspoon tarragon in a large bowl; toss gently.
- Place beet mixture on a jelly-roll pan. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until beets are tender. Drain and cool slightly.
- Trim off beet roots; rub off skins.
- Cut in half. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Combine vinegar, sugar, shallots, 2 tablespoons oil, 1 tablespoon garlic, 1/2 teaspoon thyme, 1/2 teaspoon tarragon, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and oregano in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Add vinegar mixture and onion to beet mixture; toss gently.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION