Roasted Baby Potatoes With Herbs
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1⁄2 lb small red potato, scrubbed
- 1⁄2 lb small white potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 tablespoon herbes de provence, plus extra for garnish
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Put the potatoes into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk the herbs, garlic, and oil together until blended.
- Pour over the potatoes. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper, then toss to coat.
- Transfer the potatoes to a large heavy baking dish, spacing them evenly apart.
- Roast the potatoes until they are tender and golden, turning them occasionally with tongs for approx 1 hour.
- Transfer the roasted potatoes to a platter
- Optional: Drizzle with additional extra-virgin olive oil and herbes de Provence. Serve warm or hot.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
What a great recipe...so easy and soooo delicious! Definately a keeper in my Favorites of 2012. I didn't add any extra oil or herbs to my dish at the end and we really felt that we didn't need to. Served these with recipe#426278#426278 and recipe#190492#190492. Made a perfect dinner. Thank you for posting. Made for Fall Pick a Chef 2012 tag game. Just made this for Spring PAC 2014 and now realized I have already made this...still a wonderful recipe!!!
I LOVE this recipe - it's delicious and addictive. I reduce the olive oil to 3 Tbsps and use all baby red potatoes. I also usually cut them in half and turn them often so they soak up all the great flavors. BTW, I never add more oil or herbs at the end, just don't think more is needed. Try it, you'll love it, too!
These were good. A friend of mine and her 3 year old twins spent the day with me and we had these for dinner. I made my own Recipe #274610. I have never had that herbs combination before. The kids didn't eat their potatoes. Next time I won't put the herbes on all of the potatoes so that there are some potatoes they can eat too We had these with Baked Chicken and Recipe #280093. It made for a very good Sunday dinner. I will be making these again. Thank you Lazarus for sharing your great recipe. Made for PAC Spring