Roast Pork With Cherry Sauce
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 30mins
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a small bowl and mix well.
- Rub on the pork roast.
- Place in an 11 x 7 baking dish, fat side up.
- Bake, uncovered for 1 1/2 - 2 hours, until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
- Drain cherries, reserving liquid. Add enough water to cherry liquid to measure 3/4 cup.
- Pour 1/2 cup into a medium saucepan and add sugar, vinegar, and cinnamon.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer uncovered, 10 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch with reserved 1/4 cup liquid and stir until cornstarch dissolves.
- Using a wisk, stir cornstarch mixture into hot cherry liquid.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in lemon juice, butter and cherries.
- Cook 1 minute longer.
- Place pork on cutting board and let stand for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with cherry sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!