This is another duck recipe from the Diana Liu cookbook. Takes a bit of time but is delicious served with chinese plum sauce.
- Ready In:
- 25hrs 45mins
- 1 duck, 4-5 lbs. (well cleaned)
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground Chinese flower pepper
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine
- 2 green onions, cut in 4-inch lengths
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Rub salt and chinese flower pepper on duck (inside and outside) and put green onions in the cavity.
- Keep in refrigerator for 24 hours, take out 2 hours before baking.
- Preheat oven to 450*.
- Bake 45 minutes at 450* on roasting pan rack with breast up; reduce heat to 350* and continue baking 1 hour more.
- Mix honey, soy sauce, and sherry.
- Baste duck with sauce mixture; continue baking 30 minutes more; brushing 3 times until mixture is gone.
- Remove duck and let cool 40 minutes.
- Cut duck into bite-sized pieces; arrange pieces on platter.
- Serve hot or cold.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION