Roast Chicken With Lemongrass
photo by Super Izzie
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 45mins
- Preheat oven to 240°C Rinse the chicken and pat dry with paper towels.
- Mix half the lemongrass stalks, garlic cloves, ginger, salt and pepper (and any other herbs you want to use) in a food processor.
- Place the chicken in a roasting pan. Rub the lemongrass mixture well all over the chicken. Leave to sit for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Just before roasting, stuff the rest of the lemongrass stalks into the chicken (like turkey stuffing).
- Pour the water into the roasting pan (not over the chicken).
- Cover the chicken and place in the oven. Lower the heat to around 200°C.
- Slowly roast the chicken for around 1.5 – 2 hours, checking every thirty minutes or so to make sure it doesn’t burn. If the pan dries out, add enough water to cover the bottom.
- While checking on it, use a ladle to pour the juices from the bottom of the pan over the chicken. This gives it more flavour and adds to that nice crispness of the skin.
- When cooked, remove the chicken from the pan and allow to sit for a few minutes. Serve whole or chopped.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!