Roast Chicken With Herb Cheese, Chili, and Lime Stuffing
- Ready In:
- 1hr 50mins
- 1 (4 lb) whole chickens
- 1 lime
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese with garlic and herbs
- 1 mild red chili peppers or 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Use the point of a knife and your fingers to carefully separate the skin from the meat of the chicken across the breast and over the tops of the legs. Just loosen the skin with the knife, then carefully run your fingers underneath. Try not to tear the skin.
- Grate the lime and beat the rind into the cream cheese along with the chopped pepper.
- Pack the cream cheese stuffing under the skin of the chicken, using a teaspoon, until fairly evenly distributed.
- Push the skin back into place, then smooth out the stuffing into an even layer by gently rubbing your hands over the skin.
- Put the chicken in a roasting pan and squeeze the juice from the lime all over top.
- Roast for 1 1/2 hours, or until the chicken is cooked through. If the top of the chicken becomes too browned, cover the chicken with foil towards the end of the cooking time.
- Carve the chicken, spoon the pan juices over top, and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a high school science teacher and I love to experiment in the kitchen. I share my home with my husband and dog. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/PAC08Main.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">