Roast Chicken With Cracked Peppercorn Sauce
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1 (4 lb) whole chickens
- 1 cup dry vermouth
- 4 shallots, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup whipping cream, heated until steaming
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns, cracked
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove giblets from chicken, and season inside and out with salt and pepper. Place chicken into a roasting pan with vermouth, shallots and garlic.
- Cover the roasting pan, and bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or 20 minutes per pound.
- Strain liquid from the roasting pan into a saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat until reduced to about 1/2 cup. Stir in heated cream, and cracked peppercorns. Cook on medium-low heat for 5 minutes until thick, but do not boil.
- Carve chicken, and serve with sauce.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note