Roast Beef Reuben
photo by grandparentsplusonl
- Ready In:
- 8 slices bread, sourdough or 8 slices rye bread
- 1 (16 ounce) jar of prepared sweet and sour red cabbage
- 1⁄2 lb sliced roast beef
- 8 slices gouda cheese
- Dijon mustard
- On 4 slices of bread, place a slice of gouda cheese.
- Drain juice from the sweet and sour red cabbage as needed and place a layer on top of the Gouda cheeese.
- Add desired amount of roast beef - (approximately 2-3 slices) on top of the cabbage.
- Top with another slice of Gouda cheese.
- Place the other 4 slices of bread on top.
- Butter top side of bread and place buttered side down in hot skillet.
- Butter the other side and flip when nice and brown.
- Cover the skillet while browning to melt and heat the entire sandwich.
- Serve with Dijon mustard.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!