Roast Beef, English Style
A foolproof and delicious roast traditionally served with Yorkshire pudding.
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 15mins
- 4 lbs sirloin tip roast
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup dripping (or preferred fat/oil)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Trim meat and score remaining fat.
- Rub surface of meat with the spices.
- Heat drippings in frying pan until hot.
- Place meat fat side down in drippings; brown on all sides.
- Place meat in a baking dish fat side up.
- Insert meat thermometer.
- Bake approximately 20 minutes/pound or until thermometer reads 140 (rare) to 170 (well-done).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Although this wouldn't be my favourite way to cook roast beef, it was still very good! I used a meat thermometer to cook a very small (1.5 lb) sirloin tip for hubby & myself - it took 1 1/2 hours for medium-rare. I served the beef with a carrot/turnip combo that I prepared according to Nana Lee's method in recipe #134316 and another English classic - Marie Alice's Roast Potatoes (#918740). I skipped the gravy & Yorkies this time - after all, it was a weeknite, not Sunday! Thanx Molly!1Reply
see 1 more