Roast Beef Bruschetta
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a recipe I use every year at my annual Christmas Party. It is a great app, and can be made ahead, in steps. I originally got the idea from a Betty Crocker appetizer booklet, but I have modified it quite a bit over the years.
- Ready In:
- 1 loaf French baguette, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup whipped cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon horseradish, to taste
- 1⁄2 lb flat iron steak
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 4 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons basil, thinly sliced
- Season beef with salt and pepper. Beef is best if grilled on the BBQ, cooked to medium-rare, but it can also be broiled or pan roasted. Let rest until cool. Thinly slice.
- Heat oven to 375°. Brush both sides of bread slices with oil. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake about 5 minutes, turning once, or until crisp. Cool 5 minutes.
- Mix horseradish into cream cheese to taste.
- To assemble: Spread horseradish cream cheese on one side of bread slices, then top with one slice of beef, one slice of tomato and a sprinkle of basil.
Make ahead tips:
- Bread can be prepared several days ahead. Keep in an airtight container. Beef can be grilled or roasted the day before. The horseradish cream cheese and the tomatoes and basil can be prepared several hours in advance. Keep beef, cream cheese and veggies covered and refrigerated until about an hour before. Bruschetta can be assembled at that time. The cream cheese keeps the bread from getting limp.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION