Rita's Recipe from Felina in Italy
photo by under12parsecs
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Heat the oil in a skillet and gently fry the eggplant, peppers and garlic for about 15 minutes.
- Cut the bread in half lengthwise.
- Divide the eggplant mixture, tomatoes, and escarole between the bread halves.
- Place in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with wine vinegar, capers, olives and basil.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
So many things to love about this delightful sandwich! Wonderful mix of flavors from the eggplant, red peppers, garlic and tomatoes. Top that off with sweet fresh basil and a drizzle of vinegar and good olive oil and you can't go wrong. I scaled back to 1 serving, added zucchini with the eggplant and omitted the escarole and capers because I didn't have any. Otherwise made as written and thoroughly enjoyed!