Risotto With Roasted Shallots, Portabella, Radicchio and Parmesa
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- 8 ounces shallots (whole)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 lb fresh portabella mushroom, diced (about 2 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups arborio rice
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 4 -5 cups hot chicken stock
- 1 3⁄4 cups radicchio, chopped and loosely packed
- 1 cup tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- chives, minced, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350. Trim ends of shallots. Peel off outer brown layer and cut in half. Coat with 1T olive oil and sprnkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Wrap shallots in foil and roast for 65 minutes. Keep wrapped in foil until ready to serve.
- In large saute pan over medium heat, heat remaining oil and butter. Add mushrooms and onions and saute for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add rice and thyme and continue cooking for 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Carefully add wine (it will steam up when poured into pan!) and simmer to evaporate. Start adding stock in 1/2 cup increments and slowly stir until mostly evaporated.
- Cook until al dente.
- Stir in radicchio and tomatoes.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes more to wilt radicchio slightly.
- Stir in parmesan.
- Serve very hot, harnished with shallots and minced chives.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love food. I love my family. I love my animals. I love life. I really enjoy simple but special recipes. My "kids" (2 "big dogs" and a cat) usually are my taste testers...(not to mention disposals)... I look forward to having some human responses to my creations.....More than that, I hope you enjoy and find some happiness in all of them. I've enjoyed creating/collecting, it is my priviledge to share with my Zaar friends! Favorite cookbook? Of my 500 or so, I must say Sid Goldstein's "The Wine Lover's Cookbook" takes top rank. Decadent, but absolutely amazing food, and pairs everything up with the appropriate wine to boot! <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <img src="http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e110/flower753/Food/my3chefsnov2008.jpg"> <img src="http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e110/flower753/Food/my3chefsnov2008.jpg"> <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg">