Risotto With Pesto and Mascarpone
photo by breezermom
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups arborio risotto rice
- 4 1⁄4 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 4 tablespoons pesto sauce
- salt and pepper
- Melt the butter in a non-stick pan.
- Add the garlic and cook lightly for about a minute.
- Over a low heat, add the rice and saute for a couple of minutes, stirring to make sure the rice is coated in butter.
- Add the white wine and let it absorb.
- While the rice is absorbing the wine, heat your chicken stock (this can be done at an earlier stage and kept warm if you prefer). Add the chicken stock 1/2 a cup at a time, stirring occasionally. Each time, make sure the stock is mostly absorbed before you add more or it will be a very runny risotto! The non-stick pan is important for this stage, so the rice doesn't stick when the stock is low.
- When the stock is all absorbed, taste the risotto to make sure the rice is tender (if not, add another 1/4 cup of stock).
- Then stir in the mascarpone and pesto. Stir until completely mixed in.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was absolutely delicious, even before adding the mascarpone and pesto! I've been on a diet, so this was a little rich for my tastes, but really delicious. It took a bit longer to cook than posted, but I didn't cover it while cooking since that wasn't in the directions. This is a really rich and flavorful risotto! Made for ZWT7!
see 5 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a primary school teacher living in Bristol, England. At the moment I teach Kindergarten, known here as Reception. I really love my job but it doesn't leave much time for hobbies! I enjoy cooking for friends and aim to try new recipes as often as possible! My signature dish has to be White Chocolate Blondies, as it is my most requested sweet treat, and I definitely have a sweet tooth! Update- 5-5-09: Somebody was very thoughtful and gave me the gift of a premium membership. I can honestly say it made me feel so good! If you're out there, THANK YOU so much! I can't quite believe the generosity... <img src="http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a254/Sharon123/Copyoftag300-banner.jpg" border="0" alt="Susie's Banner for Newest Zaar Tag"> <img src="http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj81/HokiesLady65/Recipezaar%20Album/iplaytagin.jpg"> <img src="http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r317/j_welcome/pics2/food/PRMRcopy.jpg"> <img src="http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a132/tgifford/Game%20Room%20Banners/AM%20Banners/holidaybadge.gif" border="0" alt="Photobucket"X> <img src="http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj81/HokiesLady65/Banners/holidayprmr2.jpg"> <img src="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/Animation6.gif"> <img src="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg"> <img src="http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/7505/mybanner4a394ee84d5f0.jpg" > <img src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/annacia/Permanent%20Banners/cc-banner-7-09.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a> <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Participation.jpg"> <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg">