Risotto With Peas
photo by mikey ev
- Ready In:
- Heat oil in a 3-1/2 quart sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic.
- Cook, stirring often, until onion is soft but not browned, about 4- 5 minutes.
- Add rice.
- Cook, stirring, until grains look opaque, about 2- 3 minutes.
- Add broth, wine and frozen peas.
- Stir to combine.
- Increase heat to medium-high, cover and bring to a boil, stirring often.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered.
- Stir occasionally.
- Cook until rice is tender and almost all of the broth has been absorbed, about 25- 30 minutes.
- Rice should be tender but not mushy.
- Remove from heat.
- Add cheese and stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve warm, with additional grated cheese to top if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is wonderful risotto, Mermaidmagic! I used a slightly different technique than the instructions stated. When adding the chicken broth, I added about 1/2 cup at a time and stirred over med-high heat until absorbed, adding more chicken broth (1/2 cup at a time) and stirring until all was added. The results were delicious! Just the right amount of cheese n' peas ; ) Thanks for a delightful addition to our supper tonight!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I was born and raised in Boston and continue to live here still. I met my hubby in 1986 and we've been together ever since. We have two children and my family is my passion. Pet peeves? Rudeness, laziness, greed, hatred, and bad manners of any kind. And for some reason, I can't stand listening to someone whistle!