- Ready In:
- 2 pints chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 head celery, finely chopped
- 2 cups risotto rice
- 2 cups dry white wine or 2 cups vermouth
- sea salt
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Heat the stock.
- Put the olive oil snd 2 TBS butter into a separate pan, add the onion, garlic, and celery and cook very slowly for about 15 minutes without coloring.
- When the vegetables have softened, add the rice and turn up the heat.
- The rice will now begin to lightly fry, so keep stirring it.
- After a minute it will look slightly translucent.
- Add the wine and keep stirring.
- Once the wine has cooked into the rice, add your first ladle of hot stock and a good pinch of salt.
- Turn the heat down to a simmer so the rice doesn't cook too quickly on the outside.
- Keep adding ladlefuls of stock, stirring and massaging the creamy starch out of the rice, allowing each ladleful to be absorbed before adding the next. About 15 minutes.
- Taste the rice to check if it's cooked aoccasionally.
- Continue this process until the rice is cooked the way you like it, soft and creamy, yet with a very slight bite.
- Remove from the heat and add the remaining butter, and Parmesan.
- Stir well and place a top on the pot and allow to sit for 2 minutes.
- Eat soon.
Join The Conversation