Ripley Tomato Salad
From Folk's Folly Steakhouse in Memphis, TN. This will fill you up if you eat it by yourself. This plus one slice of french bread is a divine dinner! Ripley tomatoes are from Ripley, TN and I have no clue if you can get them outside of TN & MS. If you can't get one, just get the biggest firmest one you can find! Ripley tomatoes are so red they almost look fake when they are ripe. Use low fat cheese and dressing to save calories. I use fresh ground black pepper and fresh ground sea salt. I use a TON of basil b/c I LOVE it -- use it to taste. PS This is the ONLY way I eat tomatoes -- period. Cook time is assembly time and serving size depdends on if you serve it alone or as a side.
- Ready In:
- 1 large ripley tomatoes
- 1⁄3 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup Italian dressing
- fresh basil, thinly sliced, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- fresh ground sea salt, to taste
- Cut the tomato into eight wedges.
- Top with crumbled blue cheese.
- Top with basil
- Top with dressing
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.