Rigatoni With Feta, Tomatoes, Artichokes and Kalamata Olives
photo by Chicagoland Chef du
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces rigatoni pasta, any pasta will do, cook according to package directions, allow time for this
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 15 ounces diced canned tomatoes, with juices
- 1⁄4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 7 ounces marinated artichoke hearts, slightly drained
- 4 ounces kalamata olives, halved, add more to your liking
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled, divided, can use less
- Heat a large pot of water for boiling pasta, add salt as desired. Cook Rigatoni to package instructions. (may take up to 13 minutes) Drain.
- In the mean time.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add garlic, green onions & oregano; sautee 60 seconds or longer until green onions, soften slightly. Careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add tomato, artichoke hearts, 1/2 of parsley, and lemon juice; Stir to combine, simmer until heated through. About 5-7 minutes. Add Kalamata olives, toss to coat and warm through. Can simmer longer until tomatoes are tender. NOTE: Do not add the kalamata olives too soon, the heat tends to make them taste off, to me.
- Add rigatoni to the tomato mixture and 3/4 cup cheese, toss gently.
- Top with remaining 1/4 cup cheese, if desired and parsley.
- Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi there! Originally CHICAGOLAND CHEF DU JOUR, I like to think of myself as a fantastic home cook with a flair for the gourmet. I have gotten & shared many recipes since I became a member in 2007. Although I have not been active in a few years, I still return to look for recipes from some of my fave chefs. Thanks to all you have helped me over the years and thanks a bunch to any and all reviews.