Rigatoni With Creamy Tomato Sauce
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a delicious and easy pasta dish. The ridges on the noodles really grab onto the chunky sauce. It's rich and oh sooo tasty.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 lb mild Italian sausage
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup canned tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 dry white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 lb rigatoni pasta (about 2 1/2 cups) or 1/2 lb mostaccioli pasta (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- parmesan cheese, grated
- Remove casings from sausages and crumble meat.
- in a deep, heavy frying pan and over medium low melt the butter.
- Add sausage and onion and cook slowly, stirring until lightly browned.
- Add in garlic, tomatoes, tomato sauce, wine and salt.
- Increase heat to medium and bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Cook rigatoni in salted water according to directions, drain and keep warm.
- Mix peas and cream into sausage sauce.
- Increase heat to medium high and cook stirring until sauce boils all over in large shiny bubbles and has thickened slightly.
- Spoon over rigatoni and mix lightly.
- Top with parmesan cheese.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION