This is very easy recipe that everyone loves. It works well for picinics and potlucks. Gardners with losts of tomato and basil will love this recipe. This is another great recipe from Cooking Light.
- Ready In:
- 6 cups rigatoni pasta, Cooked, penne (about 3/4 pound uncooked pasta) or 6 cups ziti pasta (about 3/4 pound uncooked pasta)
- 4 cups plum tomatoes, chopped (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella cheese (4 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated (or Romano cheese)
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine oil, capers, salt, pepper, and garlic in a small bowl; stir well with a whisk.
- Pour over pasta mixture; toss gently.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; toss well.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION