Ricotta Pasta With Sausage
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
365: No Repeats. Rachael Ray
- Ready In:
- 1 lb penne or 1 lb ziti pasta, rigate
- coarse salt
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese or 1/2 cup romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped (generous handful)
- 1 lb bulk italian sweet sausage
- coarse black pepper
- fresh basil leaf, shredded (about 20 leaves)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the pasta and salt the water. Cook the pasta until al dente, with a bite to it.
- Place the ricotta, butter, and Parmigiano or Romano cheese in a large bowl.
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Add the EVOO and sausage. Brown the sausage, then add the onions and cook 5 minutes. Add the parsley and cook 2 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Drain the pasta. Add to the bowl with the cheeses. Toss to melt the butter and evenly coat the pasta with cheeses, then season with salt and pepper. Top pasta with basil.
- Season with a little salt. Toss and serve at the table.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION