Ricotta, Gorgonzola, and Honey Spread
An easy, cheesy appetizer that is elegant enough to impress and simple enough for casual gatherings.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 4mins
- 1 (15 ounce) container whole milk ricotta cheese
- 6 ounces gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon snipped fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon snipped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 36 slices baguette, toasted
- sliced apple (for garnish)
- fresh thyme (for garnish)
- toasted chopped walnuts (for garnish)
- honey (for garnish)
- Place ricotta in a large mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes. Stir in Gorgonzola, 1/2 t. thyme, and 1/4 t. rosemary until combined. Fold in 1 T. honey until just combined. Spoon mixture into a serving bowl. Cover and chill 1 to 24 hours.
- To serve, spread on baguette slices and top with apple slices, thyme, and/or walnuts. Drizzle with honey.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I took these little toasts to our 4th of July party and they disappeared! I'm lucky I tasted one before I set them out, because after I cleaned up and went back outside they were gone. Several people asked about the ingredients, and took notes! I spread some of the spread on each baguette slice, topped that with a thin apple slice, drizzled honey, added toasted walnut bits, then drizzled just a bit more honey so the fresh thyme leaves would stick. I ended up with enough spread to do another half a batch. This is a tasty appetizer, and pretty, too! Thanks, Jackie!