Ricotta Drops (Nick Malgieri)
- Ready In:
- Cover 2-3 cookie sheets with parchment or foil.
- Set oven racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven; preheat oven to 325°.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking soda; stir to mix.
- In the bowl of a standing electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar together until combined; then beat in the vanilla, lemon zest, and orange zest.
- Beat in the ricotta and continue beating until the mixture is smooth.
- Beat in the egg, then the yolks, one at a time, beating smooth after each addition.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and using a large rubber spatula, stir in the dry ingredients.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls, 2-3 inches apart on the prepared pans.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the cookies spread and become firm.
- They should remain very pale and only color a little on the bottom.
- Slide the papers off the pans onto racks.
- After the cookies have cooled, detach them from the paper and store them between layers of parchment or waxed paper in a tin or plastic container with tight-fitting lid.
- Just before serving, dust lightly with powdered sugar.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!