photo by Chef Gorete
- Ready In:
- 1 (400 g) container ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 4 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 (1/2 g) package vanilla sugar (vanillina)
- 4 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- apricot jam, for filling
- icing sugar, for decorating
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine ricotta cheese eggs and the sugar, set aside.
- Combine butter, baking power, vanillina and the flour. Once smooth, add the cheese mixture, and blend just until combined.
- Form a ball, separate the ball into 6 smaller balls. Roll out into a circle then cut into triangular shapes (like pizza slices). Add a small amount of jam to the wide part of the triangle, then roll up towards the point.
- Bake for approximately 12 - 15 minutes, do not overcook. Once cool, sprinkle icing sugar.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I was born in the Azores in Portugal, but have lived in Canada for the majority of my life. Baking is my passion, so I'm always looking for some easy and great tasting recipes....this site is perfect for it.