Ricotta Cheese Cake
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons cream of wheat
- 1 1⁄4 cups boiling water
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons candied orange peel
- 3 tablespoons white raisins
- 3 ounces rum
- 1 egg white, stiffly beaten
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Cook cream of wheat in boiling water, stirring constantly until mixture begins to thicken. Cook 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Cool.
- Mix Ricotta cheese, sugar, egg, egg yolk, candied orange peel, raisins and rum. Beat 4 minutes.
- Fold in stiffly beaten egg white then add cooled cream of wheat.
- Mix graham cracker crumbs and brown sugar. Butter 1 1/2 quart mold or dish, sprinkle with crumbs. Gently pour ricotta mixture into prepared mold.
- Bake 375 for 45 minutes or until set. Remove from oven and allow to stand 10 minutes. Turn onto serving plate.
- Refrigerate. Sprinkle with powdered sugar just before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Married mother of twins. I very seldom ever use recipes as they are written, always modifying and adjusting them. Many times I will take three or four different recipes and come up with a new recipe based on those. <img src="http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e347/Saturn6666/KiwiDutch/3chefstag1.jpg">