Ricks Old Fashioned Meatloaf
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef (lean)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small skillet add the 1 Tbs. Of extra virgin olive oil and turn burner on medium. Add the finely chopped onions and the 3 finely chopped garlic cloves, and saute for 3-4 minutes. Place pan aside.
- In a bowl mix all other ingredients Except the chili sauce, mustard and brown sugar. Add the sauted onions and garlic to meat mixture and mix.
- Place the mixture into an ungreased 4"X8" or 9"X5" loaf pan.
- In a small bowl mix the chili sauce, brown sugar and mustard. Spread the mixture over the top of the meatloaf.
- place meatloaf in the oven.
- Cook for 1 hour.
- Let meatloaf sit for 7 minutes to set.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!