Richmond Peppered Shrimp
- Ready In:
- 12 medium scallions
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine or 2 tablespoons madeira wine
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3 lbs large shrimp, shelled and deveined (about 48)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 -2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Thinly slice scallions, separating the green and white portions; set the green aside for garnish. In a medium bowl, combined the sliced white portions of scallion with the ginger, garlic, horseradish, sherry, soy sauce, tomato sauce and brown sugar. Mix well and set aside.
- In a wok or large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the shrimp and cook, stirring, until just pink, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the sauce mixture, crushed red pepper and black pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until the shrimp are opaque and the sauce is heated through, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a large serving dish or platter and serve hot or at room temperature, garnished with the parsley, cilantro and the reserved sliced scallion greens.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm a stay at home mom to a super spunky little girl. She's only 18 months and already full of personality. <br />I love recipezaar and am just getting into the contests and events. It's really helping me break out of my cooking rut. I really appreciate anyone who takes the time to review or post a photo of any of my recipes, good or bad. After all we all have different tastes and suggestions for improvement are always welcome. <br /> <br /><br /><br /><br /></p>