Rich Roasted Veggie Stock
photo by YummySmellsca
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 50mins
- 2 carrots, roughly chopped
- 3 large celery ribs, roughly chopped
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, cored and quartered
- 5 whole garlic cloves
- 5 ounces mushrooms, halved
- 16 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorn
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place carrots through mushroms on a foil-lined baking sheet. Pour 1/4 cup water overtop of the vegetables.
- Roast for 20 minutes.
- Scrape all vegetables and juices from the sheet into a large pot, add the 16 cups water, parsley and peppercorns.
- Bring stock to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cook, covered, 1 hour, then uncover and simmer 1 hour longer.
- Strain stock, discard solids and keep in fridge or freezer to store.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Montessori teacher, nutritionist and pastry chef: baking is my passion, but teaching the value of good food to whole families is close to my heart too! I have a passion for re-instilling the love of good-quality, home-made and mostly healthy food into the hearts and kitchens of children and their families today. I believe that any ?homemade? food, even when labelled as naughty, is a more wholesome treat than pre-packaged, cookie-cutter junk.</p> 9408826"