Rich Caramel Dumplings
photo by Mercy
- Ready In:
- 3 cups boiling water
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- Boil the syrup ingredients in a saucepan for 10 minutes.
- Blend the dry ingredients together.
- Cut the butter into the dry ingredients until grainy[I just pinch everything until it all feels about the same size grains].
- Add the milk and stir lightly until mixed.
- Pour the syrup into a medium baking dish (9"x9") and drop soup spoonfuls of the dumpling mixture into the syrup.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- When it is done, flip the dumplings over so the crispy side will soak up more of the yummy stuff.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Greetings everyone! My name is Mary and I am a native Floridian. I live in Central Florida with my wonderful husband of 13+ years. I enjoy cooking simple dishes with simple ingredients.